Monday, March 2, 2009

March 1, 2009

Well, I got slack in my posts here. So here is my catch-up:

My verse for February 1 was Psalm 51:10: "Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me."

I chose this verse because I needed to prepare my heart before God. Our church had a Women's Retreat -"Guard Your Heart" - on Feb. 28. I wanted my heart to be completely clean and open and un-guarded to God, yet guarded to the temptations of this world we live in. And I wanted a renewed spirit that doesn't waver - that stays steady and constant - in EVERY circumstance that comes along. I have enjoyed putting this verse into my memory!

February 15: "Then those who feared the Lord talked with each other, and the Lord listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in His presence concerning those who feared the Lord and honored His name." Malachi 3:16

I chose this verse because I have never heard nor read it before...and I like what it says! I borrowed this from Beth's blog; this was her choice for this time. Just knowing that we can get together with each other and the Lord is there with us...listening and hearing....and keeping a journal of it!! WOW!! God journals too!! Ok...I'll calm down now. But isn't this a neat verse? Tucked away in Malachi...which for some reason...I hardly ever turn to this book in God's Word.
This is just another great reason to memorize scripture and to be a part of an accountability group - you'll hear verses you have never come across before. Or you may have...and they just never HIT you like this before!! This excites me even more to be memorizing God's Word!

March 1: Philippians 4:6-7: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

This means to me that I NEED God's peace in my life. And to get it I must pray about EVERYTHING...not worry or fret and try to figure out how to handle it myself. I need to give it all to God...present it to Him...and then LEAVE IT WITH HIM. At the retreat this weekend, each lady wrote on a heart that she drew what her requests were to God and then placed them in a sealed envelope and placed them on the altar before God. We left them there at the altar...and at the end of the retreat we approached the altar to pray and then pick up our envelopes to remind us of what we placed...and left...with God at the altar. This was a very precious and moving time for me....an awesome visual of approaching God and letting Him have it all.
Then look what the verse says: "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." He will keep our hearts and minds guarded in Christ!! Praise God..because I need Him to do this for me!! I don't have to do this on my own.
YEAH!!!!!

Our retreat was a great time...with 115 ladies! God was there...and He was speaking to some hearts...if not ALL the hearts there!! We had Praise and Worship Day at our church the following day. Unfortunately, I had to miss it...had to take care of a sick grandgirl. But I was told that the Holy Spirit filled that sanctuary this day! And a good friend became transparent before God and those in the sanctuary...and in so doing, I believe provided encouragement to some who were listening! She is giving God the glory in her life...and she's letting it be known! All I can say is...PRAISE GOD FOR HEALING!!! And for continued healing throughout our lives!

Ok...more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment