Monday, April 6, 2009

April 6, 2009

"But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."
Jeremiah 17:7-8

This is verse number 7 in my list of memory verses for 2009. I really LOVE this verse. I love big beautiful oak trees and that is what I think about when I read this verse. When I choose to trust God with my all...my every things...I am strong like a tree. My strength comes from Him and Him only. It's not of my own doing. It's all God!! If I try to be strong on my own...without trusting God...I will end up like a withered little bush...wishing it was a big beautiful tree. I don't want to "wish" for anything. I want to KNOW that I'm strong in God...to KNOW that I'm beautiful because my face is radiant from being in His Word...to KNOW complete peace because I have put my trust in Him alone...to KNOW that when I talk to God and ask for His help, that He hears me and answers me...even when it is not the answer I was looking for...to KNOW His promises are kept promises...to KNOW that I am His child and He loves me dearly.

I want to be that tree planted by the water and send out my roots by the stream. I want to keep my complete confidence and trust in the One who saves me - my Father God - my Savior Jesus!

Oh...and my loving and ever-so-thoughtful husband ordered a necklace with the Tree of Life from the garden of Eden...which was made in Israel...for me this past Christmas! I love wearing this necklace...it reminds me of this verse from Jeremiah! He looked for this necklace because he LISTENED when I talked about this verse and saying that I would love to have a pendant with a beautiful tree. Thank You, Father God for giving me such a wonderful man to share my life with!

No comments:

Post a Comment