I'm new to this blogging thing. I decided to give it a try. I'm not sure where all this will go, but it will be a place for me to record random thoughts, my family news and vacation fun, pictures, and to share about what God does in my life.
In the past few years, I have wanted to dive deeper into God's Word. I have had the opportunity to participate in some wonderful Bible studies in my church and to go to some Living Proof Live events to listen to Beth Moore bring God's messages. I also was able to attend Deeper Still in Atlanta this past year to hear Beth, Kay Arthur and Priscilla Shirer. But there was still something missing for me...I wanted to MEMORIZE Scripture! Well, anyone who knows me well, knows I have a memory problem. If I don't write it down, I don't remember it! And then I have to remember to LOOK at what I wrote down! (sigh) Anyway, God has impressed on me in the past few months...through different ways...that I NEED to start memorizing Scripture. The last thing that God used to get His message through my thick skull was Beth Moore's blog. She felt led to start a Scripture memorization accountability group with anyone who wants to join. So I joined to have the accountability to continue and not stop. We will be learning two verses a month in 2009...that's 24 verses in one year! When I think of how powerful quoting the Scriptures I memorize will be in my life...I get so excited! I am always so in awe of the power of God! I cannot even comprehend it all in my little mind! I am very thankful that I was raised to know God and that I will...for every day of my entire life....learn something else new to me that He reveals through His Word. Even if it is something I've read before....He can still reveal something new to me. I love that!!
Ok...enough ramblings for now! Anyone want to join in Scripture memorization...come on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment