Thursday, March 26, 2009

God is working through our WIN days!!

WIN day at our church is for Witnessing In Neighborhood. After church on Sunday morning, we have a sandwich lunch and then go out in teams into nearby neighborhoods to reach people for Christ. We give out a pamphlet about our church and invite people who do not have a home church to join us at Pauline.

One lady who recently started attending our church says she is a direct product of WIN day. She started coming shortly after she was visited on a Sunday afternoon...along with two of her loved ones!

Well....I always ask myself..."Self, why are you always surprised when you see God work?"

This past Sunday was WIN day again. Our pastor spoke in his message about not giving up when working to "catch boatloads" for Christ...having a willingness to try (AGAIN)...a Word to trust (we have a word from the Lord to go out for Him!)...and working as a team (we are partners together for Christ and with Christ!).

When we went out to the neighborhood we wanted to reach on Sunday, our team was denied entrance due to "no soliciting". We explained what we were doing, but were still denied entrance. Yes...it was very frustrating to be told we could not go through this neighborhood. I remembered a previous neighborhood that we did not finish going through because we ran out of our church pamphlets, so suggested that we return there. We did return and broke up into small groups to visit each home. I went to several homes with two of the youth boys to talk with people and tell them about our church. Two of the women I spoke with, when I asked if they had any prayer requests, asked for prayer for their young sons....one with cystic fibrosis...the other with autism. I wrote their names and addresses down and told them we would be praying.

Today at work (I'm an MRI technologist) we had a two year old boy who needed a brain scan under anesthesia because he was having seizures. His mom looked familiar to me, but I could not place from where I thought I knew her. After talking a few minutes, she said, "I believe I met you Sunday afternoon." Then I knew....this was the mother of the little boy with autism!
God already knew that this woman and I would be crossing paths at the hospital...and that she was going to be very nervous and scared for her little boy's procedure...that a familiar face would
help ease her fears a little.
God had a plan that she nor I could see...but He knew! He never had any intention of our team going to the first neighborhood....He knew where He needed us that day!

I thanked God for using myself and the boys with me to visit this woman's home Sunday...and then I thanked Him for making sure I was at work in the exact place I needed to be today! God is so good....I really don't know why I get surprised at His works! I am so thankful that I was an obedient servant to Him and was used in His plan for this woman and her child. Because so many times, I can make excuses as to why I don't need to go. I almost did this Sunday...because I was on call for the hospital...to use this as an excuse not to go...I have used this as an excuse before...and now I can only wonder on what plan of God's I missed out on.

So....what did God show me today? Quit making excuses....don't ever give up, even when you don't think you are seeing results. The results may come soon...but maybe much later!! God gave us this message through our pastor Sunday morning. I pray we all take note of this message and stop with our excuses.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a huge blessing! Thanks for sharing and for going!

    ReplyDelete